Cloud Storage Application for increasing collaboration between engineers on desktop, mobile, and in the web browser.
- Understand Stakeholders
- Industry Best Practices
- Engagement and Delight
- Reduce Time on Task
- Reduce Help Desk Support Calls
- Increase Task Completion
- Increase System Usability
- Create Reusable Components
- Leverage Design System
- Mobile-Friendly UI
- Contributed to UX Artifact Repository for Enterprise
- Creation of Reusable Components
- Cross-Team Collaboration with UX Designers, Visual Designers, Program Managers Developers, IT Architects, QA Engineers, Technical Writers
- Cross-Function Collaboration with Desktop, Mobile, Web Browser product teams across the US and UK
- Negotiated Timeline and Time Zone Constraints
- UX Research
- Usability Testing
- Interaction Design
- Ideation / Brainstorming
- Facilitation of Team UX Activities
- Teaching UX Methods to Engineers, Product Managers, Designers, Technical Writers
- Feature Prioritization Methods
- Design Evaluation Methods
- UI Testing
- Team Agile Ceremonies
- UX Plan
- Research Reports
- Stakeholder Presentations
- Professors, students and professional engineers who use MATLAB files cannot easily collaborate and save their files to the cloud from within the MATLAB IDE.
- MATLAB files are not easy to share with others for collaborative work.
- Recovering deleted MATLAB files is impossible from MATLAB Online and MATLAB Mobile.
- Uploading multiple files at once is not allowed in MATLAB Online.
- The root cause of errors and status of the application is unclear.
- Created a web application for accessing MATLAB files from any device.
- Enhanced features in MATLAB desktop application for cloud storage.
- Designed solutions for sharing MATLAB files.
- Designed solutions for recovering deleted files.
- Designed solutions for multi-file upload.
- Designed solutions for error handling and status reporting.
- Collaborated with a team of UX Designers, Visual Designers, Program Managers Developers, IT Architects, QA Engineers, Technical Writers across the US and UK.
I led the team of developers, designers, technical writers in design studio sessions where collaborative brainstorming of possible solutions was explored. After the group sessions I consolidated the ideas into mockups for usability testing with target users.
Facilitation of team meetings between the business, engineering and design was essential for creating psychological safety for brainstorming collaborative solutions to meet user needs for MVP.
The UX work was cross-platform spanning mobile, web, and desktop. I worked on end-to-end workflows that crossed multiple platforms. The development teams were remote (UK) and local to the Boston area. Usage of the MathWorks cloud storage application increased substantially with each new feature designed and developed.